LSA is a naturally occurring psychedelic found in many plants such as morning glory and hawaiian baby woodrose seeds. It is chemically similar to LSD, but with slightly similar effects. In this article you can learn how to extract this component from the seeds of the common garden "pest", morning glory.Acquire a large quantity of morning glory seeds. Keep in mind that 500 seeds equal one decent dose. Experiment on your own to find the gram/seed ratio which I have long since forgotten. Therefore, supply yourself accordingly (this could get expensive unless you grow your own). The following seeds have been used to awesome effect:
- Heavenly Blue
- Pearly Gates
- Flying Saucers
Also invest in some Petroleum Ether. This goes by the name of Naptha/Naphtha or Varnish Maker’s and Painter's Naphtha, available (last I checked) at [large hardware store] and other places. Not to be confused with diethyl ether, which is some bad shit, has to be disposed of by the bomb squad, etc. Don't fuck with that, get yourself some "pet. ether". Ostensibly free from adulterants, pet. ether is a handy solvent to have around the house.
Now, get a hold of the highest proof alcohol you can possibly obtain. Clear Spring grain alcohol is one of my favorites (180 proof) but the quality of the end product rests upon the highest proof alcohol you can get your hands on! Reagent grade ethanol, or some 200 proof shit from some reputable moonshiner (better make damn sure he/she's reputable, don't want lead poisoning from some refurbished auto part that has found new life as part of someone's still). On a related note, I wouldn’t recommend 151 Rum over a 100 proof beverage as rum has other shit dissolved in it that makes an extraction with 151 undesirable. Bigger is better, get some 180+ proof alcohol and go nuts, peoples. No half-measures here.
1. Grind seeds to powder. If you have an espresso grinder, awesome. I have had reasonable success with a regular coffee grinder. Pulse at no more than ten seconds at a time, (due to heat, and wear and tear on the machine), shaking during grind so that all the particles are evenly ground. Grind as fine as possible!
2. Place the seed powder into a Jar #1. Cover with petroleum ether. The guideline here is "can't use too much (petroleum ether), can use too little." 500 ml/500 seeds seems to be the basic rule, although a little extra ether can't hurt.
3. Put the lid on the jar and shake like crazy. Let sit for 20 minutes, shaking as much as you see fit.
4. Shake jar, then filter contents of the jar by pouring through a coffee filter into Jar #2. I find a strainer (with a diameter of 6" or so, equipped with coffee filter) useful.
5. If you like, save the filtered ether. You can get at least five more processing cycles out of it. Just don't drink it, please, for fuck's sake.
Most importantly, save the filter paper with seed powder on it!
6. Let the filter with the seed powder in it dry thoroughly. This could take several days.
7. In the interim, clean Jar #1 thoroughly.
8. Once the seed powder has dried, transfer this to the sparkly-clean Jar #1. Add 2-3oz. of alcohol per 500 seeds. Let this sit for three days, shake it if you like.
9. Filter the resulting substance. Discard the seed powder on the filter. Keep the alcoholic liquid for use.
The remaining liquid is what is known as tincture. 1-2oz. is standard for a decent mind-opening trip.
The liquid extract will result in a wild, lucid trip, sort of like LSD but more visual. It is quite possible to do some intense reading on this plant; i.e. The Oxford Book of English Verse or Jung's Man and His Symbols. I remember dosing at night, and looking at the Xmas tree with wonder. I was also intrigued by the concept of circles, and toyed with the idea of rearranging the living room furniture into a circle. This plant gives you some strong-ass feng-shui. However, the prime time for this particular plant ally is morning. So, if you are still awake tripping, the sunlight streaming from the window will do magical things. My source says to dose at dawn for maximum communion with this fascinating plant.
To clarify, the LSAs as I have prepared them, are every bit as ragingly rugged as good old LSD, perhaps more so! The cleanness and the exceptional lucidity of the trip would make this, in my opinion, the ideal substance for the psychedelic neophyte. Either that or I just get along extraordinarily well with this particular plant.